Mehermaan Aileen Khan reveals she struggled to separate herself from 'Zanjeerain' character

Actor Mehermaan Aileen Khan, a newcomer in the entertainment industry who played Gul Meher in the drama Zanjeerain, revealed that she had absorbed so many of her character’s qualities that it was sometimes difficult to differentiate between herself and Gul Meher. In an interview, the actor detailed her first-ever acting role and how closely she felt connected to Gul Meher’s personality. She also discussed working with co-stars Usman Javed, Adnan Siddiqui and Sajal Aly, while hinting at the ending of her character’s arc as the drama moves towards its conclusion. "Breaking apart Gul Meher might be easier than breaking Mehermaan, but they are very similar emotionally, and that can also be dangerous," she said. Mehermaan added, "It is a personal feeling that I explored when I took on her character. I am also emotionally sensitive and one of those people who absorb the energy of those around them, just like an emotional sponge." Discussing the softness and innocence of Gul Meher’s character, the actor revealed that it took her some time to understand that she could leave the role behind once filming ended. "When I would get into character, it took me a while to get out of it. They would yell cut, but I would still be in those same clothes and feel her softness. Learning is easy, but unlearning is hard," she shared.         View this post on Instagram                       In regard to working with Usman Javed, who plays Gul Meher's love interest Torsum, Mehermaan noted that the contrast between the characters was an important and challenging dynamic to establish. "Gul Meher is known to be soft, while Torsum is loud and strict. Establishing that contrast was important to understand. Whenever he would annoy her or disrespect her, they would let me know that I needed to stay composed and keep my tone soft, while he would be loud," she elaborated. Mehermaan also complimented Javed for facilitating her performance, saying that he would "do a powerful and emotional dialogue, which would evoke those same feelings out of me too." Having worked with notable actors on the show, the actor expressed her gratitude for the experience. "I am so grateful that I got to work with such senior artists. I am still in disbelief," she said. "I had the most scenes with Usman Javed. After that, I worked with Adnan Siddiqui. They both were the ones with whom I had the most scenes," she noted, adding that she also got to work with Sajal, Danyal Zafar, and Anaya Shahid. Mehermaan also shared that she had always wanted to work with Siddiqui and Sajal. Although she didn't get any scenes with the latter, the actor stated, "I saw her presence and work on a personal level." Discussing the ending of Gul Meher's journey, Mehermaan hinted that it would leave viewers with mixed emotions. "It is one that will make you happy and then kind of sad. But the good and bad are both in their own place," she said. The drama Zanjeerain, which reportedly crossed a billion views on YouTube, marked a major milestone for the actor in her debut project. "One is the individual milestone and achievement, and the other is a collective project that goes big after everyone’s equal hard work. Alhamdulillah, one billion is a big win for us all," she noted. Looking ahead, she shared her hopes to continue exploring different types of characters and being able to share the screen with more actors. "There is nobody specific in mind because I have always been open to anyone, but at the end of the day, it depends on the craft, the opportunity, and the kind of positive or negative role," the actor said.

from Latest Lifestyle News, Fashion & Celebrity News - The Express Tribune https://ift.tt/JEOcwT0

Post a Comment

0 Comments