I am happy that I am no longer alone and have a community: Alina Khan

From becoming the first Pakistani trans actor to walk the prestigious Cannes red carpet at the French Riviera in 2022 with team Joyland to clinching the crown for Miss Trans Pakistan 2023, Pakistani actor and model Alina Khan has come a long way. As the actor turned a year older, she celebrated the occasion with an intimate birthday bash. Taking to Instagram, Alina shared pictures of the gathering with a heartfelt note in the caption. “Life and circumstances forced me to leave my paternal home at the young age of 12,” Alina began, tenderly delving into her long journey to joy. “Since then, finding myself alone, I did not celebrate myself. I always had friends and well-wishers who would send me birthday wishes every year. But I did dream and wonder: will I ever have the fortune of being celebrated on my birthday? Will I ever have someone there with me to share my happiness?”         View this post on Instagram                       A post shared by Alina Khan (@onlyalinakhan) Recognising her achievements, Alina expressed her gratitude for having found a community to share her happy moments with. She added, “This special year, I was fortunate enough to finally celebrate my birthday with my loved ones. I am happy that I am no longer alone and have a community and support system that keeps me thriving, They were here to share my happiness with me.” Clad in a dazzling black ensemble, the actor capped her note remarking, “Dreams come true” and extended her regards to her makeup and jewelry artists as well as the cake shop for making her day. In a 2022 interview with Vogue India, Alina spoke up about her visit to Cannes and her career so far.  “I returned to Pakistan from France a week ago and I have already visited my family home thrice— I even spent a night there,” she told the publication over a Zoom conversation. “Joyland’s win at Cannes means so much to me because I play a trans dancer in the film—the same identity that I have been shunned for all my life won us this award," she added. “My family always thought I would bring shame to them, only Ammi would speak to me for a few minutes while the others cut me off. Now, they are actually proud of my success and that makes me the happiest,” Alina said, adding that she's still brutally aware that she is a long way from being accepted. “I never understand this because the same women call us home to bless their children at the time of their birth,” she sighed.  Have something to add to the story? Share it in the comments below.       

from Latest Lifestyle News, Fashion & Celebrity News - The Express Tribune https://ift.tt/6TipbSW

Post a Comment

0 Comments