I wasn’t drunk driving; I fainted because of over-exertion: Nimra Khan recalls 2014 accident

In a podcast interview, Pakistani actor Nimra Khan finally divulged details from her serious car accident in 2014 which ignited allegations of drunk driving. Rubbishing the claims as baseless, Nimra disclosed the extent of her critical injuries as a result of her car’s collision with a jeep - an unfortunate incident that she attributed to a sudden fainting spell. “I was not drunk driving,” the actor set the record straight on rumours of substance abuse. “I fainted because of over-exertion and lack of sleep.” Describing the harrowing event, she revealed, “I didn’t know where the car was going. The car slammed into a jeep at a speed of 180.” “I had passed out and my weight kept pressing against the accelerator,” Nimra added, explaining the high-speed motion of her car. “I would have had some shot at surviving if my foot had slipped off the accelerator but it stayed under my weight because I had fallen over the steering wheel.” Highlighting the severity of the impact, Nimra acknowledged potential fatality, stating, "The steering lever struck my liver and the broken glass thrust into my head, the bones in my leg were sticking out.” The celebrity detailed the critical moments before surgery when her father had to sign an acknowledgment of the risks associated with anesthetics. Nimra disclosed, “The accident had completely damaged my liver and brain. The doctors had taken signatures from my father because the anesthetics being administered to me could have caused kidney failure or brain hemorrhage.” The family’s fears further intensified when the actor exhibited signs of a brain injury on the way to surgery. "We were on the way to the operating room when they noticed my head was bleeding and the doctors ordered a CT scan. My father insisted on a full-body scan which then revealed extensive brain damage and liver damage,” Nimra recalled the immediate aftermath. She further remarked on the dilemma they had to navigate since the surgery was likely to send her into a lifelong coma or paralysis. “The sadqa I had distributed in the morning came to my rescue,” Nimra added, gratefully attributing her survival to her charity and regular midnight prayers. “I habitually offered Tahajjud (midnight prayers), so no I was not using any drugs nor do I use them now. I have no interest in doing so,” she reiterated. Have something to add to the story? Share it in the comments below.

from Latest Lifestyle News, Fashion & Celebrity News - The Express Tribune https://ift.tt/z4I8gxA

Post a Comment

0 Comments