Sharmila Tagore recalls how 'direct, clear' Kareena told her she and Saif were living together

Prominent figures in Bollywood, Sharmila Tagore and Saif Ali Khan, graced the latest episode of Karan Johar's chat show, Koffee With Karan 8, delving into conversations about family, films, and the presence of Kareena Kapoor Khan, Saif's wife and Indian cinema superstar. During the engaging conversation, Karan inquired about Sharmila's experience with Kareena as Saif's second wife, considering her emotional investment in Saif's first marriage. Sharmila praised Kareena, mentioning her kindness during a challenging period. "Did you feel like the second time around, like Kareena is also a movie star, that you had invested so many emotions in his first wife, how was it to readjust and recalibrate?" queried Karan. Sharmila responded, "I had known Kareena earlier. Meaning I had met her earlier and she had been very nice to me. She is lovely and she is what she is. She was with us when Tiger was ill and she was with us when he passed away." Recalling an amusing incident, Sharmila mentioned a casual conversation with Kareena in Delhi, where Kareena mentioned living together with Saif in a very straightforward manner. She admired Kareena's clarity and the warm environment she fosters at the dining table. "I had friends over, lots of people from Delhi," recalled the veteran star. "These two came and were sitting there. I casually said, What's happening? She (Kareena) said, when Saif woke up in the morning, he told me this...Giving the impression that they are living together. This is Delhi and these are my friends of my age." She added, "She said it so naturally, that when I even think about it I sort of laugh. So simple and sorted she is. She is so direct and very clear." Sharmila furthered, "And she always keeps a wonderful table - Kapoors. So, she would ask me, Amma, would you like to eat this? Would you like to eat that? So that's sorted. Dinner is on time. So, it's just so lovely. There is so much clarity." The show featured a special segment dedicated to the Pataudi family, where Kareena expressed her affection for Sharmila, referring to her as 'Amma' and highlighting the warmth and acceptance she received from her. "I have called her Amma since the time I met Saif because I genuinely feel that love and connection for her because she's been so warm and so caring," shared Kareena. "I think she looks at me more like a daughter. Like Soha and Saba. She's always made me feel welcome." Kareena also reminisced about her first meeting with Saif on the sets of Tashan, expressing deep love and admiration for him, crediting him as her universe and recalling the moment she was captivated by his persona. "What does Saif mean to me? Saif is my entire being, my entire universe, my whole life revolves around my Saif," Kareena shared. "My eyes well up every time I talk about him because he is my life." She continued, "My favourite memory will always be the first time I met Saif. Because he was sitting on top of a makeup vanity van in Ladakh without his t-shirt and I was like who is that guy who is sitting on top of a vanity van? and they were like it's Saif and I looked closer and I was like my God, that's Saif. That was the moment I lost my mind and that was it." In the rapid-fire round, Saif, in turn, praised Kareena's influence on him, citing improvements in time management, health, exercise routines, discipline, patience, among other attributes. When asked how she has rubbed off on him, he answered, "In terms of time management, health, exercise, routine, discipline, patience. Phenomenal things." The episode shed light on the close bond between the Pataudi family and Kareena, showcasing the affection and warmth shared among its members, and marking an engaging and heartfelt conversation on the show. Have something to add? Share it in the comments

from Latest Lifestyle News, Fashion & Celebrity News - The Express Tribune https://ift.tt/DMhCmvl

Post a Comment

0 Comments