Feroze and I had a falling out before finishing our drama shoot: Ushna Shah sets the record straight

Ushna Shah has found herself clarifying her stances on X (formerly Twitter) as she continues to be vocal about Palestine. Recently, the star shared a list of Hollywood stars to boycott. "Today. Begin your celeb boycott. Start with Hollywood stars, unfollow everyone on this list on all social media, vow to never pay to watch their movies, stream their music or buy anything they’ve endorsed. You are their power, take it away & spread the word. (Some names you’ll recognise some you won’t, go through them all, start cancelling)," said the star. However, one user of the site formerly known as Twitter responded to her thread with claims of her befriending an alleged "wife beater." "Dude, you literally befriended a wife-beater. Look around and start with your own country first," said the X user. Ushna has now responded to the claim in a detailed post on the microblogging website. Today. Begin your celeb boycott. Start with Hollywood stars, unfollow everyone on this list on all social media, vow to never pay to watch their movies, stream their music or buy anything they’ve endorsed. You are their power, take it away & spread the word. (Some names you’ll… pic.twitter.com/Pt1ERA5tTv — Ushna Shah (@ushnashah) November 12, 2023 lol dude you literally befriended a wife beater. Look around and start with your own country first — Aiman Sohail (@aimansohaill) November 12, 2023 "I hate to address anything except Palestine. I apologise for responding to another distraction. What people don’t know is that Feroze and I had a falling out before finishing our drama shoot; we even unfollowed each other, which is the modern-day equivalent of 'friendship end announcement,' shared Ushna. "This happened long before his scandal. His scandal came after our shoot ended, at this time we were not in touch. Yes, months after publicly sending love to his wife, I asked people to stop the severe online bullying of him and his family, especially during Ramzan."  She continued, "Having experienced trolling myself, I understand its impact on families and was particularly sensitive to this issue at the time, as some may recall. This isn't the first instance where I've faced trouble for defending someone who has hurt, disrespected me, or held beliefs opposite to mine; the irony hasn't gone unnoticed. Now, calling for a boycott against celebrities who have written to Biden publicly opposing a ceasefire in bombing children is a different matter, in my opinion. I don’t think the two should be mutually exclusive." The star shared further, "Drawing a line on online bullying is hard; deciding who deserves it and who doesn’t is tough. My motivation at the time was my belief that families and children don’t deserve to read horrendous things about their loved ones online. I stand by this belief. Some of you have concluded that this makes me unworthy of supporting Palestine. At a time like this, I believe this is counterproductive." Continuing on, she said, "Also, for those upset by my post criticizing pseudo-liberals (focus on the word pseudo) who back movements like LGBTQ and BLM but stay quiet on this issue: focus your anger on those who are exploiting these movements, not me for calling them out. They exist! Many people whose jobs depend on multinational or foreign connections, stay silent on their social media about this issue but have been aggressively loud on others. I can imagine that being constantly triggered must be exhausting, it is also counterproductive to the real issues at hand, such as the genocide we are witnessing." She capped off her message by saying, "I would suggest not to be triggered by things unnecessarily. I understand that if you've chosen to believe a fixed perception, nothing will change your mind. My responses distract my followers from what's currently important. So I urge you, for now, let anyone speaking for Palestine, even those you dislike, do so in peace." I hate to address anything except Palestine. I apologise for responding to another distraction. What people don’t know is that Feroze and I had a falling out before finishing our drama shoot; we even unfollowed each other, which is the modern day equivalent of “friendship end… https://t.co/HTpZsqEaY5 — Ushna Shah (@ushnashah) November 12, 2023 2/2 Also, for those upset by my post criticizing pseudo-liberals (focus on the word pseudo) who back movements like LGBTQ and BLM but stay quiet on this issue: focus your anger on those who are exploiting these movements, not me for calling them out. They exist! Many people whose… — Ushna Shah (@ushnashah) November 12, 2023 Have something to add? Share it in the comments

from Latest Lifestyle News, Fashion & Celebrity News - The Express Tribune https://ift.tt/W4GlY3E

Post a Comment

0 Comments