Ranbir Kapoor calls ‘Animal’ his 'darkest film' yet, talks about a Kishore Kumar biopic

Bollywood A-lister Ranbir Kapoor took to social media for a forthright talk with fans about Ramayana and Animal, two of his much-anticipated projects lined up for release. During the interactive session, Kapoor called Animal “the darkest film” he’s ever done, nodding at his character’s gritty outlook towards life.  The Sanju star also commented on the remarkable physical transformation he underwent to bring it to life. He disclosed, "For Animal, I had shaved my hair! For the last scene, I had done that. So now I am growing my hair. Since I am not working on any film, I am eating a lot, and not following any diet. I have changed my entire lifestyle. I have quit smoking, so I am eating a lot of chocolates." Kapoor also expressed admiration for director Sandeep Reddy Vanga's distinctive approach to filmmaking, declaring Animal the most serious project in Vanga’s filmography, whose other films include Arjun Reddy and Kabir Singh. According to the Barfi actor, Vanga’s forthcoming release is a nuanced dive into a psychopathic killer’s modus operandi, tapping into the depths of a profoundly dark character. The actor attributed his investment in the role to his character’s complexity, adding that he found it difficult to identify with such a morally ambiguous person which changed his perspective on acting and taking on more daring roles.  Animal is slated for release on December 1, 2023, and stars Anil Kapoor, Bobby Deol, and Rashmika Mandanna aside from the Rockstar lead. Talking about Ramayana, Kapoor stated, “Ramayana is such a big project, where a lot of work is needed behind it. Nothing has been finalized. I hope it is done soon. As of now, I have been hearing a lot of subjects but nothing (is locked)." As per The Indian Express, the Nitesh Tiwari mythological epic will likely start production in 2024 and potentially cast Kapoor alongside South Indian actors Yash and Sai Pallavi as Hindu deities, Ram, Ravan, and Sita respectively. The actor also hinted at another grand project in the pipeline with director Anurag Basu, with whom he has previously worked on Barfi and Jagga Jasoos. This prospective project will apparently see the two reunite for a Kishore Kumar biopic which has been in development for a few years. Kapoor revealed his intention to review the script before the month's end

from Latest Lifestyle News, Fashion & Celebrity News - The Express Tribune https://ift.tt/yOmKUXT

Post a Comment

0 Comments